***Moving New England! - Boston, MA
Take the Pledge to Move Beyond Fossil Fuels
Brought to you by:
About The Event
Sign up for this event at: http://moving-newengland.org
Come on bike or on foot, by boat, carpool or public transportation! We have the power to build a secure, healthy, just and sustainable future!
Rally to Move Beyond Fossil Fuels @ 3:50pm, Christopher Columbus Park (Aquarium T)!
Join the movement with Sustainable Hip Hop artist Tem Blessed, Pedal-Powered Soul and Roll band Melodeego, Living on Earth's Steve Curwood, inspiring students from Boston Latin School's Youth Climate Action Network, updates on national and local Tar Sands Actions, and opportunities to connect with others! Bike valet parking by MassBike.
Together, we will send a loud, clear and inspiring message: we are creating a healthy, just, and sustainable world for all, and expect our elected officials and corporate executives to do the same. Let's keep them accountable for moving us beyond fossil fuels!
SCHEDULE OF THE DAY ON 9/24:
- Move Your Community from around New England to Boston using bikes, boats, rails, feet, strollers, and roller blades! Find a starting location near you at http://moving-newengland.org/orgs/
- 3-3:45pm: Rolling parades to the Columbus Park rally, departing from North Station, South Station, Park Street Station, and Long Wharf North(near the ferry ticket area). Check in with parade marshals who will direct groups of 25 or more to the rally. In the parades, organizations, individuals, and communities can highlight the solutions they are working on, the threats they see, or their vision for a path to a fossil-fuel free future. Be creative so the parades are festive, with costumes, banners, drums and other instruments, puppets, images and messages!
- 3:50-6pm: Rally for Solutions at Columbus Waterfront Park (Aquarium T). New England will join the rest of the world in a peaceful, festive rally calling on leaders at all levels to take action to speed the transition away from fossil fuels. We will take a photo for 350.org and local media, encourage people to share ideas, create new connections, find out how to get involved, have fun, and hear from leaders among us.
- For those interested, there will be an Interfaith portion of the event! Really exciting details forthcoming -- many will want to participate in this!
- Display your efforts and vision! Share with the world what you are doing to reduce reliance on fossil fuels and express your vision of a fossil-fuel free future. Get creative to make this a festive event! Bring banners, dress up, make puppets, floats, images, & chants to reflect how you contribute to this movement.
- Come with many groups from your community as one big contingent representing your town or city. Ask the Mayor or local rep if s/he wants to parade with the group! Some towns are working to recruit 350 people from their community to attend the event!